Seen: July 26th @ approx. 1:47pm to  2:10pm by Owen Weir & Teresa Weir
At the Amherstview Sewage Lagoons on North west side off Taylor Kidd Rd. in
a tree believed
To be a dead Elm. Temp. 20 degrees Celsius with BLUSTERLY N.W. winds
Seen with Bausch & Lomb Elite binoculars at a distance of approx. 40-50 feet
maximum
First realized differences by Large black bill and a black mask - then the
notch in tail & NO white
Feathers on tip of tail-all black tail with whitish grayish throat and chest
to tail-next when flying after several different
Poses by bird the straight squaretail-- well displayed during flight. Very
Stocky build while sitting.
Contacted another birder: Howard Bridger and drove to Amherstview Lagoons
and sure enough had
Returned to original tree where first spotted. This tree is the elm closest
to the locked gate at entrance
To N.W. side of ponds. Time approx. 3:45pm we both watched with binoculars
for approx. 17-20 minutes @ 40-60 feet
Of GRAY KINGBIRD. We verified all of the previous identifications plus-the
lighter gray back of bird showed
Indicated a visible (however slight) wing bar. When he finally flew to the
south east - straight tail with no white
On tail.  Similar Birds: Eastern Kingbird.
We both tried to locate the bird on Sunday @ 11:10am but unsuccessful at
which time we notified several other
Kingston Field Naturalist club members who also tried to locate the bird -
but unsuccessful.
People whom I made contact with: Ron Weir, Peter Good, Irwin Batella, Bob
Sacks, Chris Grooms

Owen Weir  Teresa Weir  101-9 Centre St.S. Napanee, on. K7R  3X3
613-354-1877
Howard Bridger 295 McMahon Ave. Kingston On. K7M 3H5 613-549-1208

"Owen Weir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.