As I understand the current status of the Grimsby Sewage Lagoons is very
much up in the air.  If birders want continued access to the area it would
be a good idea to cooperate with the neighbours.

People visiting the Grimsby Sewage Lagoons should be aware that its
immediate neighbour to the west (yes it is an upside down world) is a
Military Rifle Range. When the Rifle Range is in use a large Red Flag is
raised. I have been told but cannot confirm that the Sewage Lagoons are off
limits when the flag is up. It only makes sense to avoid the lagoons when
they are shooting.  The birds do.

Directions:  Courtesy of Nancy Smith - Vineland

Exit QEW at Casablanca Blvd. go north, turn left (west) onto N.
Service Rd. but then stay to the right, on Winston Rd. ( don't follow the
service road when it curves to the left.)  Two blocks down on the right
(north) there is a brick building and then a metal shed, park by the shed
and walk north towards the lake then across to the best path which is  along
the east side of the cells. Please don't disturb the homeowners on the east
side at the road.
---
Mark Cranford
ONTBIRDS Coordinator