Since I haven't seen any reports of AMERICAN PIPITS on Ontbirds yet this
fall, I thought I should let everybody know that there were at least 7 at
the Bracebridge Sewage Lagoons on Sunday (7 September) evening.

The lagoons can be reached by travelling north on Hwy. 11 from Barrie to the
first Bracebridge exit (i.e., Hwy 118), which is about 100 km from Barrie.
Once at the end of the exit ramp, turn left (west) on 118 and travel
approximately 2 km until you see Lagoon Lane on the left side of the road.
Turn left and follow Lagoon Lane until you see the gate at the lagoons
(about 500 m).  Park at the small parking area at the bend in the road and
walk into the lagoons.  The pipits were flying around a bit, but were also
feeding on the extensive mudflats in the cell to the south of the aeration
pumps.

Burke Korol
Huntsville, ON
[EMAIL PROTECTED]