Hi Folks:

Well yard work does has some benefits!!!!

At around 3:15Pm this afternoon while closing up the pool, I heard the
distinct call note of BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER from a nearby tree. Just as I
spotted the bird sitting in the tree, it took flight, again calling several
times as it flew west into our backyard. I did not see the bird with binocs,
but know the call note of this species very well, and it was clearly a
medium sized dark woodpecker. I took a quick look for the bird in the
ravine, but no sign of it.

If anyone wants to look for the bird our property, please call before you
visit, as we may have b&b guests. I will take another look this afternoon
after finishing my yard chores, and send an update if I find the bird again.

This was yard bird number 196 for us here at Wild Rose. And although I
thought it was a possibility there were many others I expected to get long
before it!

Cheers, Tom

p.s. directions to our house are on our website below under our home page.
p.s.s. lots of other birds in the yard today including a nice perched COMMON
NIGHTHAWK

Tom Hince
Wild Rose Guest House              On the web at:
http://www.netcore.ca/~peleetom
RR#1 (21298 Harbour Rd.)
Wheatley, ONT.                                 (gateway to Point Pelee
National Park)
N0P 2P0    Canada
(519) 825-9070 (phone/voice)    (519) 825-9169 (fax)
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Tom Hince" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.