The biggest stir at CMRW was a male immature DICKCISSEL on Oct.14 and 15;
many songbirds have "checked in" near our viewing platform during the past
week.

 The Cranberry Marsh Raptor Watch in southwest Whitby, ON, has been in
 operation since 1990. This year we started up on Aug.21; we try to cover
the
 platform every day through to Nov.30, particularly in the AM hours.

 The table below indicates the number of migrating raptors recorded for the
 period of OCT.13 to OCT.19, and in BRACKETS is the TOTAL SINCE AUG.21.

> TURKEY VULTURE            1144 (1902)
> OSPREY                                1 (121)
> BALD EAGLE                        4 (31)
> NORTHERN HARRIER        69 (215)
> SHARP-SHINNED HAWK    192(1801)
> COOPER'S HAWK                15 (69)
> NORTHERN GOSHAWK       3 (6)
> BROAD-WINGED HAWK    1 (276)
> RED-SHOULDERED HAWK    125 (134)
> RED-TAILED HAWK              400 (513)
> ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK       10 (10)
> GOLDEN EAGLE                        1 (1)
> AMERICAN KESTREL             49 (577)
> MERLIN                                    4 (47)
> PEREGRINE FALCON              2 (29)
> UNIDENTIFIED RAPTORS    43 (222)
> TOTAL                                    2063 (5954)
>
> Directions: From Toronto--east on the 401 into Ajax, exiting south on
> Harwood, down to Bayly, left (east) along Bayly a few km., through
Lakeridge
> Rd., whereupon Bayly becomes Victoria St. in Whitby--- 1 block east of
> Lakeridge turn south down Hall's Rd.; park in the second roadside parking
> area, just north of the lakefront; walk east down the path to the
platform.

> Doug Lockrey, coordinator CMRW

"Doug Lockrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.