While on Amherst Isl. on Valentine's Day our group saw an adult and an
immature Bald Eagle perched together on the west end of the island (Emerald
Rd.).

As mentioned in earlier emails there were small flocks of Snow Buntings
around and a number of Rough-legged and Red-tailed Hawks.

Despite hiking into, and throughout Owl Woods, the only owl we observed all
day was a pure white individual perched near the top of a tree on the south
side of Front Rd. (approximately 2 km east of Stella.)

Glenn Barrett
Hamilton, ON

Directions:   Amherst Island is located 16 km. west of Kingston. Exit off
the 401 at exit 593 and drive south on County Road 4 to the very end
(Millhaven). Turn right on Hwy. 33 and drive 300 m. until you see the sign
to the Amherst Island ferry. The ferry leaves the mainland on the half hour
and leaves the island on the hour. Cost is $5.00 round trip. There are no
gas stations on the island.    The Owl Woods is at the midway point of the
seasonal road located 3.4 km. east from the general store. The road is
closed due to snow drifting so you have to make the 1km or so walk in.
"Barrett,Glenn [Burlington]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.