The 6th Annual  HURON FRINGE BIRDING  FESTIVAL,  runs from May 28 to June 6
at MacGregor Point Provincial Park this year.

NEW this year are WORKSHOPS  on bird behaviour,  beginning  birding and art,
using drawing and painting techniques to interpret  nature.  Also NEW,  are
outdoor astronomy viewing, poetry in the Park, rattlesnakes , a boat trip to
Chantry island,  and an overnight  stay at the  Bruce Peninsula  Bird
Observatory.

Choose from insects, butterflies, dragonflies, reptiles, amphibians, plants
(including carnivores, wildflowers and trees), history, geomorphology, slide
show presentations and key note speakers . You may become overwhelmed by the
choices you will have to make.

And what a setting to hold the festival in. A migratory corridor along the
Huron shores runs right through MacGregor Point P.P.  encompassing, beaches,
wetlands, sand dunes, open areas and varied forest habitats. And if that is
not enough, our hikes also will take you to the northern and southern
reaches of the Bruce.  Imagine a festival in a beautiful environment, held
in an area famous  for it¹s world class sunsets.

Our new policy is to limit all hikes to 20 people, and as a result, we are
now offering  pre-registration to control numbers.  With 64 guided hikes to
choose from, we should be able to keep everyone happy, even those who show
up late without pre-registering.

Take a tip from the retirees who come to our annual event.  They camp for
one or to weeks at MacGregor  Point Provincial Park and enjoy an economical
holiday immersed in nature.  Mark your calendars and make plans to come.

For more detailed information on the Huron Fringe Birding Festival and how
to pre-register, please check the Friend¹s of MacGregor  Web Site at
http://www.friendsofmacgregor.org

Or, call MacGregor Point Provincial Park at (519) 389-6231, for information
and a brochure

Or, e-mail for information at  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For campsite and yurt reservations at MacGregor, check Ontario Parks¹ web
site at  http://www.ontarioparks.com

Port Elgin and Southampton are popular Ontario tourist destinations. For
local area information including accommodations, see
http://www.sunsets.com

Fred Jazvac,
Southampton, Ontario.

Fred and Beth Jazvac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.