Today, Tony Bigg and I had a GREAT day spring birding.  88 species and we
were home in Peterborough by 4:30 p.m.

Highlights:
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER was as advertised near the lighthouse at Prince
Edward Point.  Well in the second woodlot.  Lighthouse  then first woodlot
then houses then second woodlot then turn corner with wetlands.  This is all
passed the banding station and working back.  Also in the woodlot PINE
WARBLERS (3+), YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS(5+), BROWN CREEPERS (10+),
RUBY-CROWNED KINGELETS (got tired of looking at them) a few GOLDEN-CROWNED
KINGLETS, WHITE-THROAT and WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS, at least 1 RUSTY
BLACKBIRD plus 2 BLUE-HEADED VIREOS.  CLIFF SWALLOWS right at the
Lighthouse. 2 CASPIAN TERNS in marsh Co. Rd. 33 north of Murray Canal

We went to Point Petre to try for the Black Vulture but ... couldn't find
it.  Had A GREEN HERON and MERLIN on Babylon Rd just north of the 90 degree
turn and VESPER SPARROW on Army Reserve Rd.

Actually, we had started our day at Second Marsh in Oshawa, where we found 2
LITTLE GULLS plus 25 BONEPARTE'S at 7:00 a.m.  Lots of NORTHERN PINTAIL,
NORTHERN SHOVELER plus both TEALS.  There was a VIRGINIA RAIL calling and 3
swallows TREE, BARN and NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED. (All three plus Cliff at PE
Pt.)

Directions from other posts:

Prince Edward Point [pge 35, quad G 52 & 53]
Located in Prince Edward County. Take exit 566 off the 401 and go south on
county road 49 to Picton. Take county rd. 8 to county rd.17 to county rd.16
to county rd. 13. Follow county rd. 13 to the end until you reach the
Prince Edward Point National Wildlife Area. (Keep going past the banding
sation past the boat launch and onto the really rough road and keep going.)

SECOND MARSH:  Exit from the 401 at the Harmony Rd. Exit (419) in Oshawa. Go
south on Farewell St. to Colonel Sam Drive. Go east on Colonel Sam Drive to
the parking lot at the GM Headquarters. Park in the west parking lot close
to the marsh. The east platform is located here.

Anne Anthony
Peterborough