Hello Ontbirders,

On Saturday, May 1st, Angela and I saw an immature
Golden Eagle near Chaffeys Locks (flying over the
entrance to the rail trail a few km west of Queens
Biological Station on Opinicon Road). Other birds in
the area were all as expected (lots of Red-shouldered
Hawks, both species of waterthrush, gnatcatchers,
Yellow-throated Vireos, etc.).

Today, we saw an Orange-crowned Warbler at Britannia
(Mud Lake) in Ottawa. The only other birds of note
seen were 2 Northern Parulas. Britannia is along the
river, north of the intersection of Carling and
Richmond Roads in western Ottawa.

Jeff

=====
Jeff Skevington, Invertebrate Biodiversity
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
K.W. Neatby Building, C.E.F.
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0C6, Canada
Phone: 613-759-1647, FAX: 613-759-1927