After a pretty good day birding Pelee, my brother Robert and I decided to forego checking Hillman Marsh again and headed back to home base in Kingsville. I thought I'd check out the perimeter of the little woodlot behind his house, and tiptoed through the empty lot north of his yard, which is low-lying with a lot of standing water at present. I had not gone far when I flushed a Sedge Wren from the wet grass. It flew a short distance away and perched on a weed, giving me great looks for a few seconds before diving into cover. I could not get the little rascal to come out for my brother, but it was a great way to end the day for me.

My brother's home is at 888 Malott Avenue in Kingsville, which runs north off Heritage Road near the lakeshore. Anyone who wants to try for the bird tomorrow is welcome to.You can park in his driveway. He works midnights and will be sleeping during the day.

Good birding! --Randy Horvath, Windsor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines