Hi Everyone
    On Sunday, June 27th, I birded the Eastern Lagoons and had my first
south-bound shorebirds with a total of 7 adult Lesser Yellowlegs and 2
adult Least Sandpiper. These birds were observed at Alfred, St. Isidore,
Casselman and St. Albert Lagoons. At Alfred, I had a family of Ruddy
Ducks with 7 downy young. At Casselman, a total of 29 Ruddy Ducks (26
male, 3 female) were observed. Both Virginia and Sora Rails were heard
calling at Alfred and St. Isidore Lagoons.
At Embrun,  4 male Wilson's Phalarope were observed feeding along the
edge of the north-west cell. On Wednesday, June 30th, I observed a Least
Bittern along Constance Creek, near Dunrobin. At Constance Bay the
Red-headed Woodpeckers were actively fly catching in the old burn area.
Again today, July 1st, at Constance Creek, both Least Bittern and
Virginia Rail were heard calling.

Good Birding & Happy Canada Day!
Bruce

Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0
(613)839-4395 Home (613)715-2571 Cell
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bruce.dilabio/

Directions: Red-headed Wdpk: From Ottawa travel west bound on Hwy. 417
to the March
Rd./Eagleson Road and exit right onto March Rd. Follow to Dunrobin Road
and turn right  continuing northwest  through Woodlawn. At the hill turn

right onto Constance Bay Rd following it for approx. 1.5 km. Turn left
on Allbirch Road and drive 1.3 km to the " T "  intersection. Turn left
on Bishop Davis Drive and then right on Bayview Drive.  Follow Bayview
Drive to Ritchie St. Turn right and and go a short distance to Whistler
Rd. Turn left and drive .3 km and watch for a gate on the right. The
trail through the burn area is opposite the gate. Parking is limited.
The old burn area is on your left. There is an abundance of Poison Ivy
in the burn area. It is recommended to stay on the trails.

Least Bittern: From Ottawa travel west bound on Hwy. 417 to the March
Rd./Eagleson Road and exit right onto March Rd. Follow to Dunrobin Road
and turn right . Follow Dunrobin Road to Dunrobin and turn right on
Thomas Dolan Parkway. Follow road to bridge and park. The bittern was
seen and heard on the left side of the bridge

Lagoons: If you require directions, please email me privately.