Not much shorebird habitat left at the Harrow sewage lagoons. They have lined
most of the lagoons with rock, and water levels are high in all ponds. There is
also a new gate and fence with no trespassing signs (which I heeded only as a
suggestion).

The only shorebirds were in the 3rd pond easterly from the gate and included:
Greater Yellowlegs (3); Baird's Sandpiper (2); Western Sandpiper (1), Least
Sandpiper (6), Pectoral Sandpiper (2) White-rumped Sandpiper (1); Killdeer
(82). The only ducks were Mallard and Blue-winged Teal.

At Big Creek, at the intersection of Creek Road and County Road 20 near
Amherstburg, there were 5 Great Egrets, 1 juvenile Black-crowned Night-Heron, 1
Caspian Tern, & 3 Forster's Tern.

Todd Pepper
Leamington, Ontario
[EMAIL PROTECTED]