A search by Doug and Ron Tozer (utilizing chest waders) of the sedge marsh
adjacent to Lake of Two Rivers Campground in Algonquin Park turned up three
Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrows this morning, between 9:30 and 10:30. This
site is being monitored for this species, given its presence there last
year. No sharptails were detected on September 28, but they were there
today.

A search of the long grass area of the Old Airfield near Lake of Two Rivers
this morning produced no Le Conte's Sparrows, and none have been found there
on previous searches so far this fall. However, the species has been
observed every fall recently at that location, and should arrive soon. Peak
time is 24 September to 9 October, with occasional birds earlier or later.

As always, birders visiting Algonquin Park are asked to report their
observations to me so that we can add the information to the Visitor Centre
database. Thanks.

Algonquin Park is three hours north of Toronto, via Highways 400, 11 and 60.
Follow the signs, which start in Toronto on Highway 400.

Ron Tozer
Algonquin Park Visitor Centre
[EMAIL PROTECTED]