Hello Ontbirders

We had a very pleasant evening at Andrew Hayden Park.
Viewing conditions were excellent, and birds many.
The river continues to rise as waterfowl and gull numbers steadily increase.

The highlights include the following:
1 Red-throated Loon
50 Brant
14 Snow Geese (includes two Blue Morph and one white juvenile)
7 Surf Scoter (including one adult male close to shore)
2 female plumage Black Scoter

A huge flock of Black Scoter was at a distance, between Andrew Hayden Park
and Shirley's Bay - This is possibly the same group reported yesterday.

>From Shirley's Bay Boat Launch, the following highlights were observed:
2 Red-throated Loons
25 Long-tailed Ducks (mostly adult males in winter plumage)

Good Birding
& Cheerio
Tony
http://www3.sympatico.ca/beck.tony/

Directions courtesy of Neily World:
http://members.rogers.com/larry.neily/birding.htm

Andrew Hayden Park:
>From Highway 417 (The Queensway) take exit 129 (Greenbank & Pinecrest
Roads). If travelling west, the 0.3 km offramp dumps you right or north onto
Pinecrest Road. If driving east, a 0.3 km offramp brings you to
Pinecrest/Greenbank Road, where you will turn left or north onto Pinecrest
Road and in 0.4 km join the westbound offramp traffic. Both groups will now
follow Pinecrest Road north 1.0 km from here to Carling Avenue. Turn left or
west on Carling and go 2.0 km
to the turnoff for the parking lot for Andrew Hayden Park on the right or
north. Turn right into the lot.

Shirley's Bay Boat Launch:
>From Highway 417 (The Queensway) take exit 134 (Moodie Drive). If travelling
west, the 0.4 km offramp dumps you right or north onto Moodie. If driving
east, a 0.3 km offramp brings you to Moodie Drive, where you will turn left
or north onto it and in 0.5 km join the westbound offramp traffic. Both
groups will now follow Moodie Drive north 1.3 km from here to Carling
Avenue. Turn left or northwest on Carling and go 2.2 km to Rifle (Range)
Road. Turn right or north onto Rifle Road and travel 2.0 km to the boat
launch parking lot.