Hi All,

A Pacific Loon was seen at about 7:15am at Humber Bay Park West.  I first had
the bird swimming in from well out to the SW as it actively was diving.  As it
got closer, we got a good look at the smaller bill, held horizontally, rounded
head, vertical demarcation between dark & light on the side of the neck and
dark feathers completely surrounding the eye.  As it swam east it stopped off
the next peninsula to the east, we moved there and watched the bird from about
100m or so and at times had it and 2 Common Loons in the scope view at once.
We were able to see a chinstrap albeit, slight, as well as lines/striations on
the sides of the lower neck, and white markings / scalloping on the back.

Cheers & good birding,
Frank Pinilla
Toronto, ON

DIRECTIONS:
Humber Bay Park West - off the QEW/Gardiner just west of downtown Toronto, exit
at Park Lawn Drive and go south to Lakeshore Blvd, turn right/west and after
100m or so turn left at the entrance to the park.  Follow this road south to
the lake, and just after a small white building with blue roof on the left,
turn into the parking lot and walk out to the peninsula, the bird was just off
the tip of this peninsula.

Frank Pinilla
Toronto, ON
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]