From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of richardtafel
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 11:45 AM
To: Ontbirds
Subject: [Ontbirds]Great Gray Owls - North Bay area; also Arctic gulls

Yes, Great Gray Owls have been showing up in this area, also; there have
been a number of miscellaneous reports, in  rather different habitats and
locations, and across a wide area.
   But, in no case has a bird stayed for more than a short time in one
place.
    Many Rough-leggedHhawks are present in farm fields both east and west.
    Also, at North Bay's "landfill site", Iceland Gulls are present (both
first year and adult), and Glaucous should  be arriving imminently.
    The landfill site is about 10 miles north of town. It is "friendily"
accessible, except on Sunday, when it is locked.
        Dick Tafel, North Bay,   705 472-7907