Hi Everyone
    Did a quick check this afternoon for Great Gray Owls at the usual sites
and recorded 11 owls. The numbers due appear to be dropping but they maybe
just moving around nearby. Both March Valley Road and the area around the
intersection of Dunrobin Road/Kilmaurs Side Road both had 4 owls while
singles were seen on Rifle Road at Shirley's Bay, Kinburn Side
Road/Torbolton ridge Road and 2 near the intersection of Thomas Dolan
Parkway and Carp Road.
    Along Rifle Road near Carling Ave. I counted 450+ Bohemian Waxwings
feeding on Buckthorn berries today.
                                                                good birding
                                                                Bruce

Directions: GGO/ From Ottawa travel west bound on Hwy. 417 to the March
Rd./Eagleson Road and exit right onto March Rd. Follow to Klondike Road and
turn right. Go east to March Valley Road and turn left or right. Follow
along making numerous stops scanning the fields. Late afternoon to dusk
maybe the better
time to look.

GGO/From Ottawa travel west bound on Hwy. 417 to the March Rd./Eagleson Road
and exit right onto March Rd. Follow to Dunrobin Road and turn right
continuing northwest  through Woodlawn. At the hill continue straight and
follow to next intersection which has a yellow flashing light. This is
Dunrobin Road/Kilmaurs Side Road intersection.

Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0