Hello all,

I was pleased to see a great gray owl just north of the intersection of
Mississauga Road and Old School Road at about 8:30 p.m. on Monday night. It was
sitting on a roadside fencepost when I spotted it. Even though it was very much
after dark, the overcast sky coupled with reflected city lights from Brampton
and Georgetown made the owl very easy to watch as it hunted in a farmer's field.

Directions: 401 to Mississauga Road/Erin Mills Parkway exit. North on
Mississauga road about 20-25 minutes. There are no notable landmarks near the
old school road.

Note: this is a very heavily-travelled commuter road during peak owl-hours. I
do *not* recommend attempting to bird here at dawn or at 5:30 p.m. I only hope
that the owl is able to stay out of the way of the traffic.

-Jack