Hi Everyone

        Today, Feb.22,2005 I birded Amherst Island and saw 2 Boreal
Owls. One was in the major White Cedar grove past the feeder and the
second owl was in the south west corner of the Jack Pine plantation.
        At the east end of the island 11 Short-eared Owls were feeding
over the KFN property,  A few of them were calling.

I also saw a Northern Shrike and three Great Grays near Enterprise on
the way down.

                                                      good birding
                                                            Bruce

Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0
(613)839-4395 Home (613)715-2571 Cell

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bruce.dilabio/

Directions:

To reach Amherst Island take exit 593 south off highway 401. Follow this

road to its end at the lake turning right to the ferry about 100 m.
west.
Ferry goes on the 1/2 hour from here and returns on the hour from the
island
at a cost of $5.00 return.  After debarking the ferry there is a map of
the
island. Turn left at the stop sign and then right just over 3 km. from
"town".  Road is across from house #2320.  Continuing along the road
from
"town" takes you to the KFN site at the end of Lower Forty Foot Road.