Fellow Birders,

This afternoon, an adult Golden Eagle was sitting in the field adjacent to the
corner of the East Quarter Line Rd. and Concession A., just west of Port Rowan,
probably investigating some carrion.  5 Turkey Vultures were also in the area.
Earlier that day an adult Bald Eagle was in the same field.

Last night, (March 17) a Cackling Goose was observed at the Bird Studies Canada
headquarters.  There are a large number of Geese around so it's worth giving
them a second look.

Although Tundra Swans do not appear to be at their peak, highest counts in the
past few days have been anywhere from 5000 to 7000, mostly on Big Creek and in
the surrounding corn and soy bean fields.  The mouth of Big Creek has also been
quite productive for waterfowl, mostly Canvasbacks and Redheads.

For more details on the current bird activity at Long Point or a number of other
bird observatories across Canada, check out the Canadian Migration Monitoring
Network Sightings Board at http://www.bsc-eoc.org/national/cmmnsightings.html

Stu Mackenzie

LPBO Program Coordinator

Long Point Bird Observatory c/o Bird Studies Canada
P.O. Box 160
Port Rowan, ON
N0E 1M0
(519) 586-3531 ext. 223 (BSC Office)
(519) 586-2885 (Old Cut Field Station)
Toll Free: 1-888-448-BIRD
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Concession A, intersects Hwy# 59 coming south into Long Point about 1km north of
Front Rd. or Reg. Rd. 42.