A Three-toed Woodpecker was seen at 11:15am today by the Pony Barns during the
morning bird hike.

The Spotted Towhee was also seen again today behind the maintenance compound
around 11:00am , the location it has previously been observed

From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Wed May 11 11:56:02 2005
From: "Doug Lockrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ontbirds" <ontbirds@hwcn.org>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:10:58 -0400
Subject: [Ontbirds]
        19 warbler species, Swainson's thrush--Thickson's in Whitby--May 11

After 4 days at Pelee I was happy to be back home in the wonderful white
pine forest of Thickson's Woods. Over a period of 2.5 hours on Wednesday,
May 11 morning, a number of us came up with at least 19 warbler
species--highlights being Ovenbird, Blue-winged Warbler, Cape May W.,
Blackburnian, Northern Parula, Canada W., Bay-breasted W.

Other birds noted-Clay-coloured Sparrow (waterfront side), many Baltimore
Orioles and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, a SWAINSON'S THRUSH, WOOD THRUSH, VEERY
and SCARLET TANAGER.

The trees were "filling" with birds as I left, around 9:30a.m.

Exit 401 at Thickson Rd. in Whitby, south down toward the lake, turning east
along the deadend road which borders the woods.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby
www.pickeringnaturalists.org