Several people told me that a Golden-winged Warbler had been spotted before
noon (uncomfirmed) in Thickson's Woods. Throughout the morning there were 3
"good" locations to see many of the 20 warbler species--highlights being 4
Cape May (near the bird feeder), Canada, 2-3 Blackpolls, Wilson's,
Bay-breasted, Blackburnian. Vireos--Philadelphia, Warbling, Red-eyed; Indigo
Bunting, Scarlet Tanager, House Wren, Brown Thrasher, Veery, Lincoln's
Sparrow.
A Merlin passed overhead at mid-morning.

Below the platform at the end of the north pathway from Hall's Rd. I had a
10-minute look at a Virginia Rail.

For Thickson's Woods, exit 401 at Thickson Rd. (in Whitby), south down to
the road which parallels the north side of the pine woods, just north of the
lakefront.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby
www.pickeringnaturalists.org