The winds switched from the north to the south last night and brought a good
migration this morning. At the South Point Trail, 1 golden-winged warbler and
1 Connecticut warbler were the best birds for the morning. One yellow-bellied
flycatcher was also seen and two Tennessee warblers could be heard singing.

The glossy ibis from last night, has not been reported today. It could still
be in the area. The summer tanager was seen at first light this morning at the
Pony Barns.

20 brant were seen on a fly-by at south point yesterday. As well, 15 black-
bellied plover, 10 American golden plover, 5 dunlin, 5 short-billed dowitcher
and 5 ruddy turnstone were seen at the bay end of Lagoon Rd. last night. At
the same location a semi-palmated plover was seen today.

In the campground this morning, 1 common nighthawk was seen and 1 whip-poor-
will was heard. A great horned owl woke up another birder at 4:00am.

The morning bird hike along the Marsh Trail produced 1 sedge wren, 7 marsh
wren, 3 sora, 1 least bittern, 1 American bittern, 1 great egret and 3
sandhill cranes. The next bird hike will be at 7:00pm tonight on the Spice
Bush Trail with an owl prowl after the hike.

Directions: Take Highway 401 to Exit 101 and follow the signs south to Rondeau
Park.

Bob Knudsen
Bird Hike Leader
Friends of Rondeau