2 posts in one day in late may?I can't believe it either.

Little River has had a lot of birds lately. Here's a few noteworthy (I
think)...

the following birds are in the pond in the new subdivision where randy had
the cave swallow a few weeks ago. this is just east of the footpath, across
the creek from where the pond is. strange how many birds are around this
area despite the horrendous destruction of the earth, and the encroaching
development towards little river.

- semi-palmated sandpiper - 30 today, small groups throughout the past week.

- dunlin - 2 today, but had a group of a dozen or so this past weekend
- spotted sandpiper - a few pairs
- many cliff, bank, rough-winged, tree, barn swallow and purple martin to be
found

as for the woods and such,

- common nighthawk - i had at least 20 at one time early last week, right
around the pond. i should have posted it sooner, but i have no idea what is
normal anymore for this time of year.
- woodcock - several males have been displaying for the past few weeks north
of the pond, in the grassy areas between the trail and little river. go
around dusk, and you'll hear them - if its still somewhat light you, you can
see them doing their displays.
- green heron - 2 around the woods, can be easily seen from the most
easterly trail running through the marshy area
- eastern-screech owl - walking along the trail east of the creek, there is
a very aggressive screech owl (grey phase). it swooped at me at least 4-5
times, and made some very strange calls (ie. sounded like hitting 2 sticks
together, followed by a barking sound)

that's it for now. not too many warblers in the last few weeks. perhaps
we'll get one last group come through?

-matt

DIRECTIONS:
"Little River and the Ganatchio Trail are best accessed (if you drive) from
the intersection of Riverdale and Little River Road east of Lauzon Road.
Drive in over the bridge and park in the lot." - Randy Horvath

or...
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=windsor,+ontario&ll=42.327484,-82.925934&spn=0.004555,0.008563&hl=en