The following was received to Ontbirds from an email address not subscribed
to Ontbirds.  Questions to Pat Martin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi, everybody,

Sorry for delay but Ive just got back from my friends cottage. Shortly
after emerging at approx 2:10pm this afternoon (Monday, August 1st) after a
continuous 30+ hours of thunder, lightning, and heavy rain, I saw a female
Magnificent Frigatebird gliding south along the shores of Lake Huron, just
above tree height, approx halfway between Sauble and Southampton. At 4pm
the same bird was seen flying back north. It was not seen again before I
left the beach at 6pm.

Southampton is at the south end of the Bruce peninsula. Cross the Saugeen
River in Southampton and turn left opposite the large grocery store to
follow the road to Sauble Beach. Most of the beach/shore access is private
cottages, but French Bay is public just south of Sauble Beach and only
about a mile north of my friend's cottage.

Pat Martin

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
Mark Cranford