Hi Everyone:

 I birded the perimeter of the Holland Landing Sewage Lagoons this morning
,from the Starting point off of Cedar Street . I walked south along the Trail
and kept to the Left when the Trail Forked.Following this Trail one finds
themselves at the Top of a Ridge which gives you a Tremendous view to the
North.
 Before even looking at the Lagoons I was astounded by the number of Chimney
Swifts,there were at least 25 individuals. Although Barn and Northern
Rough-winged Swallows were also identified the Chimney Swifts easily out
numbered them.I also had a Juvenil Purple Martin over the 1st Cell.
 Bonaparte's Gulls were in the highest number of any of the Bird Species seen
today.I would guess in excess of 200 as they were found in all 4 Cells, with no
less than 50 per Cell.There were also good numbers of Green and Blue-winged
Teal,a few Wood Ducks and Mallards. In cell number 2 there was a Lone Northern
Shoveler. It was making good use of it's broad bill to sift through the
"Muck".I believe it was a first year Drake.
 Of the Shorebirds that were there, my identities are no where near that of Ron
Pittaway's or Ron Flemings and most likely missed a couple. What I saw for sure
were Solitary Sandpiper,Least Sandpiper,Greater and Lesser
Yellowlegs,Semipalmated Plover and Killdeer.
 Other highlights were Marsh Wren(1st Cell),Black-billed Cukcoo(1st
Cell),Red-winged Blackbirds,Song Sparrow(carrying Food),Cedar Waxwings,Eastern
Kingbird(lots),Alder Flycatcher(ID'd by call),Baltimore Oriole,Broad winged
Hawk,Red-tailed Hawk,Northern Cardinal and Eastern Wood Peewee calling from
near the Entrance to the Lagoons.

 The Lagoons are located on Cedar Street,about halfway between the Queensville
Sideroad and Doane Road, in Holland Landing. Parking can be done at the
Snowmobile Club(outside the Gate).You could also Park at Anchor Park,which is
located off of Doane Road.Walking northward and staying to the Right along the
Trail will take you the Ridge with the View! This is part of the East
Gwilliambury Trail System(Simcoe Trail) which  runs from Queensville Sideroad
to Thompson Drive in Holland Landing.

Cheer's Garth/Innisfil
[EMAIL PROTECTED]