Hello Ontbirders,

There has been a Boreal Chickadee in our yard and at
our feeders today. There seem to be more of these
around this fall than usual. A few must be moving with
some of the Black-capped Chickadees that have been
pouring south.

Other birds around our feeders include Pileated
Woodpeckers,  Common Redpolls, and Evening Grosbeaks.
Constance Bay still has a few late waterfowl (it may
freeze over tonight) and a small number of Bald Eagles
(typical pre-freezeup concentration along the river
here).

Constance Bay is west of Ottawa on the Ottawa River.
To get here, follow March Road from Kanata to Dunrobin
Road. Follow Dunrobin Road past Dunrobin and Woodlawn
and turn N onto Constance Bay Drive. The Boreal
Chickadee is at 146 Monty Drive (2nd right off
Constance Bay Drive). Feel free to wander around the
yard if you come to look for the chickadee. Follow the
river west from the end of Constance Bay Drive and you
will easily find many access points from which to view
the river.

Jeff

Jeff Skevington, Invertebrate Biodiversity
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
K.W. Neatby Building, C.E.F., 960 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0C6, Canada
Work Phone: 613-759-1647, FAX: 613-759-1927
Home Phone: 613-832-1970
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
alternate e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]