Hello Ontbirders,

Ottawa winter listers might be interested in a Fox Sparrow I found this
afternoon near the bird feeder at the back of the National Wildlife
Research Centre (Environment Canada) on the Carleton University campus.

Directions: Take Bronson Ave. or Colonel By Dr. to Carleton University.
Head towards the building that is closest to where Bronson Ave. crosses
the Rideau River, the last building on the south side of Raven Rd.  Only
paid parking is available on campus.  The feeder in question is at the
back of the building, the side that faces the river.  (There is also a
feeder on the east end of the building.)   You could also park for free
in Brewer Park on the east side of Bronson Ave and walk west along the
river's north bank and under the bridge.  In this case it's the first
building on your right, just past the oxbow pond and soccer field.

Regards,
Bev McBride, Ottawa