From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Dec 30 16:51:54 2005
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:50:54 -0500
To: ontbirds@hwcn.org
From: Martin Bowman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Ontbirds]Meadowlark - Glengarry County

Gillian Horgan and I found a probable Eastern Meadowlark in the fields
opposite 19901 Fallowfield Road near Williamstown in Glengarry County this
afternoon.  The bird was in exceptionally bright plumage and, given the
descriptions in Sibley, I think it is probably an Eastern though all the
field guides warn against identification without song.  The plumage
surprisingly seemed more alternate than basic.

The bird then flew to the front yard of the house where there are various
feeders, and the woman of the house came out.  She said that the bird has
been coming to her feeders for about three weeks and seems healthy.  It
chases away starlings.

Fallowfield Road runs west off County Road 34 about five to eight minutes
north of the Lancaster exit off the 401.

Martin Bowman
Williamstown, ON