Greetings and Happy New Year to all. This morning I and my brother arrived at
the tip of Point Pelee at 8:15 a.m. to find hundreds of gulls streaming north
up the west beach. We decided to start scoping them right away from the tip
parking lot rather than continue on to the extreme tip as we normally would.
Within minutes I had an adult Glaucous Gull, but started to focus on the many
Bonaparte's that were passing by in waves. At 8:35 I had a great look at a
first winter Black-headed Gull, a lifer I've been after for many years. It
continued to fly north-northwest up the beach along with all the other gulls
that were coming in off the lake.

  We proceeded to the extreme tip shortly afterward and I got another adult
Glaucous there but nothing else of interest, and the flow of gulls ended
abruptly at about 9:45 a.m. Around noon, we ended up at Wheatley Harbour where
hundreds of gulls were also present on the water, but I could not find anything
noteworthy there.

  Randy Horvath, Windsor
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]