Monday April 10th.
I know from past experience when Mike Cadman visits Beamer, the Raptor
activity pretty much doesn't start until he leaves, which again was the case
today.
         Birders should be on the look out for what appeared to be a
Red-tailed Hawk with pure white coverts, and greater primary coverts. It
shouldn't be too difficult to pick out this bird from other raptors, because
it looks quite unique.
          Another thrill was to see the four common eastern buteos in the
air at the same time. We had the first Broadwing of the season, along with a
Red-shouldered Hawk, dark phase Rough-legged Hawk, and a Red-tailed Hawk.
       Don't forget the N.P.H.open house is this Friday April 14th.
           Good birding...............Tom Thomas

Beamer is located at the Town of Grimsby - exit at Christie St and go up the
mountain to the first road on the right and follow the signs to the
conservation area.