The Great Egret reported on Saturday, April 22nd was still present in the Rideau River across from the Billings Bridge Plaza. It seemed to spend most of its time on the north side of the river. I saw it around 1pm as it was taking flight but landed a short distance later near one of the small islands. I left around 1:30pm but not before getting a very close look at it on the north side of the river. Went back later to have another look and it was still there at 4:30pm. Not sure if this is the same bird reported by Roger Clark earlier today.

http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/59077643

http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/59077914

Directions (courtesy Ottawa Field Naturalists website): From Highway 417,exit at Riverside/Alta Vista (exit #117) and go south staying on Riverside Drive until it crosses Bank Street. The Billings Bridge Shopping Plaza is on the left and, on the right, is a small parking lot in a park just west of the bridge.

W.H.
Ottawa, Ontario.