The Louisiana Waterthrush was still present this morning, Friday May 5, in
Gatineau Park, on the Waterfall Trail near the MacKenzie-King estate. The bird
sang consistently around the waterfall between 6:15 and 7:00 AM. I was able to
get a pretty good look at it this time.

Also heard on the trail leading to the waterfall were Black-throated Green
Warblers, Ovenbirds, Ruffed Grouse, Winter Wrens and Sapsucker.

Richard Killeen, Ottawa

--------------------------

Directions as per Elsa Suárez & Paul Matthews e-mail: From Taché Boulevard in
downtown of the former Hull (now part of Gatineau), take the Gatineau Parkway
some 10 km to the left turnoff called the Champlain Parkway. Before reaching
the latter, you will go past Gamelin Rd, go over St-Raymond, go past the 2
parking lots to Pink Lake and go over Notch Rd. Once on the Champlain Parkway
go a few km till you see a parking lot on the right with a large sign that says
Sentier de la chute/Waterfall Trail. Park here. The trail starts on the left
side of the lot as you look from the Parkway. Take the trail a few metres down
an incline and then turn left and go through the culvert (under the parkway).
Follow the trail some 500 metres to the waterfall. (Note that you may have to
pay at this lot on the weekend - I'm not sure.)

http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdshow.htm
ONTBIRDS Guidelines may be viewed at http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdsguide.htm