Hi Birders,

I had some problems with my internet yesterday otherwise I would have posted
earlier. yesterday just west of the small town of Houghton while working for
a Master's student doing research on Raptor Behaviour associated with Wind
Turbines, I conducted a hawk watch about 1 kilometer inland, from
08:15-13:00. The main highlight was 1 Common Raven being harassed by a
Sharp-shinned Hawk at 09:52. Both these birds were flying west and
disappeared shortly thereafter. Other birds seen were:

Turkey Vulture - 905

Bald Eagle - 1

Northern Harrier - 2

Sharp-shinned Hawk - 126

Cooper's Hawk - 11

Red-tailed Hawk - 17

Red-shouldered Hawk - 5

American Kestrel - 1

Merlin - 1

Also, on October 14th my brother Mike observed a Red-throated Loon flying
over our yard in Heidelberg, just north of Waterloo. This is the first time
we've had one in Waterloo Region.

Houghton is located just west of Long Point on Lake Erie and east of Port
Burwell. Take Regional Road 42 west from Long Point.

Good Birding,

Ken Burrell

Heidelberg, Ontario

[EMAIL PROTECTED]