Hi Everyone
Yesterday, November 19, birded various areas in Ottawa. The 3 Purple Sandpipers were still present at Britannia Pier at 1:30pm. Near the corner of Moodie Drive and Brophy Side Road we observed 1 Greater White-fronted Goose, 2 Snow "Blue" morph, 1000's of Canada's and 1 adult Lesser Black-backed Gull. These birds were all on the south side of Brophy. At Dick Bell Park there was still 1 Brant feeding near the parking lot. At our final stop of the afternoon, we observed a hybrid Barrow's x Common Goldeneye at Remic Rapids. This maybe the same individual that has winter along the Rideau/Ottawa River the past few years. good birding
                                                               Bruce

Directions: Hybrid Goldeneye: take Parkdale Ave. north
from Hwy. 417 to the Western Parkway and travel west turning right off
parkway at Remic Rapids Lookout. You can view the goldeneyes in the
rapids from the lookout. If you require additional information, please email
me privately.

Brophy Side Road: Take Hwy. 416 south Brophy Side Road and turn right. Follow to Moodie Drive intersection.

Britannia Pier: Located along the Ottawa Rvier north of intersection of Carling Ave. and Greenview/Pinecrest Rd.. Follow Greenview north down hill to parking lot.

Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0