Greetings,

This afternoon (Saturday, Jan. 6) between 4:30 and 5:00 o'clock we had more
than 5,000 Tundra Swans in a field between Chatham and SCNWA.  We counted
5,200 birds in the field before we lost track and there were many more in
the air.

Directions:  From Chatham take Grand River Road (Rd. 34) or River View (Rd.
36) West to Jacob Rd.  Turn right on Jacob Road and proceed North to Pain
Court Road.  The birds were in the field Northeast of the intersection with
many more birds in the air between the field and St. Clair National Wildlife
Refuge to the West.

cheers,
Claude and Nina Radley,
Tilbury, Ont.