A group from Upper Canada College birded the islands on Wednesday and
Thursday.

On Amherst Island, we found 3 Snowy Owls(they were all seen at the same
time) on the KFN property. Two had some barring and one was pure white. In
the centre of AI there were 20+ Rough Legged Hawks and many Northern
Harriers. Owl Woods seemed empty, but we did see two Red-Winged Black
Birds at the feeders. There were a few flocks of Snow Buntings. Two Common
Loons were seen on the ferry crossing.

On Wolfe Island we found between 50-60 Wild Turkeys at the west end. There
were Rough-Legged and Red-Tailed Hawks and Northern Harriers in smaller
numbers than AI. We did find a flock of roughly 30 Horned Larks.

There was an immature Bald Eagle over Fort Henry.

Amherst Island is 22KM west of Kingston on the Loyalist Parkway and the
ferry leaves on the half hour. Wolfe Island is a ferry trip from downtown
Kingston.

All the best,

Max
Upper Canada College