I have learned that the male Barrow's Goldeneye first seen a week ago at Presqu'ile was seen again on Friday at the lighthouse and again on Saturday (presumably at the same place). This afternoon (Monday) at 4:25 p.m. I saw it just off the lighthouse under excellent conditions. It was straight out from the viewing platform but diving so frequently that I missed it for the first 10-15 minutes of scanning. It was also tossing its head back in typical courting fashion, though there was no female in the immediate vicinity. My two sightings (a week apart) were both between 4:00 and 4:30 p.m.

Take the Brighton exit off 401 and follow the signs to the Park, and then follow the signs in the Park.

Fred Helleiner

186 Bayshore Road,
R.R. #4,
Brighton, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1H0
VOICE: (613) 475 5309
If visiting, access via Presqu'ile Provincial Park.