On May 5th A Male and Female Bluebird were spotted in one of the open fields
just south of the Parking lot at the Visitors Centre of Wye Marsh.  They are
not a common site around the centre and there are nesting boxes located in
this area and we are hoping the Bluebirds take up residency so please do not
approach the boxes and please try to use binoculars and spot them from a
distance. I saw these birds last year in the same area, but they did not
nest as the boxes were inhabited by mostly house wrens.

Also, I spotted my first Eastern Kingbird at Wye Marsh this year along the
board walk trail.

Most recent birds of interest:

Sandhill Cranes
American Coot
Arrival of Yellow-rumped Warblers (May 1)
American Bitterns - very active, many seen flying (which is a first for me)

>From Toronto/Barrie
Follow Hwy 400 north of Barrie to exit 121 (Hwy 93)
Go north on Hwy 93 through Hillsdale, Orr Lake, Waverley and
Wyebridge to Hwy 12
Turn right on highway 12 and travel east through Midland on Hwy 12 past King
and William Streets and watch for the entrance signs

>From Sudbury/Parry Sound
Travel south on Hwy 69 which becomes Hwy 400
Exit at Hwy 12 (Waubaushene)
Go west on Hwy 12 to Midland, Ontario
Watch for the entrance sign on your left opposite The Martyrs' Shrine
>From Collingwood/Wasaga Beach

Adam