Cooler temperatures may have slowed some of the early bird activity but
good sightings are coming in.

There is debate about the Nightjar at the tip.  Birders are choosing
between CHUCK-WILL'S-WIDOW  and  WHIP-POOR-WILL.  The bird is at the TIP
west of the boardwalk across from the 42nd parallel trail.  Other birds
reported from the Tip  are a singing Mourning Warbler and a Hooded Warbler.

Blue-winged, Black-throated Blue, and Chestnut-sided were among the
Warblers seen on Woodland Nature Trail.

Clay-coloured Sparrow is in the West Beach parking area still.

Prothonotary Warbler is being seen around the DeLaurier homestead site.

The Common Nighthawk is, at the same roost as yesterday, just north of the
entrance to the Marsh Boardwalk parking lot..

There have been no reports, as yet,  from the North of the Park from
outside the Park.

Good Birding
John Haselmayer, Karl Konze, Ross Mackintosh, Dave Martin, Pete Read and
Marianne Reid,
Friends of Point Pelee Hike Leaders.

Point Pelee National Park and the Friends of Point Pelee are pleased to
bring you the 2007 Festival of Birds from May 1 - 21.
For a complete schedule of events and secure on-line booking, please visit
www.friendsofpointpelee.com

Our 3rd Annual Fundraising Dinner will be held on Friday, May 11, 2007,
with guest speaker Mark Peck.  Dress is casual and tickets are $50 ea (with
a $25 tax receipt).  Contact the Friends of Point Pelee (see website above)
for more information.

You've asked for a BIRDING PASS and now we've got it!  This pass is valid
for 3 consecutive days at Point Pelee National Park and Hillman Marsh
Conservation Area - with savings of more than 30% from regular gate fees.
Passes are available for purchase at the park gate and Hillman Marsh's
visitor centre.

If you would like to respond to this email, please put the phrase hike
leaders in the subject line.