Everyone,

As the compiler of Point Pelee bird records, I would very much appreciate
it if anyone who saw something of interest on the weekend could forward
their sightings to me.

Despite the fact that there were lots of good birds seen on the weekend,
virtually nothing was written into the Sightings Book at the Visitor
Centre and I have received details on only a few sightings to date.

I maintain a database on Point Pelee observations and such records are
used for a number of purposes including reports to North American Birds,
and for a planned publication on The Birds of Point Pelee.

Many thanks,

Alan

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:24:39 -0400 Ron Tozer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Over 270 registrants (a record high) enjoyed a superlative 25th
> anniversary
> OFO Annual Convention at Leamington this past weekend. Field trips
> Point Pelee National Park, Holiday Beach Conservation Area, St.
> Clair
> National Wildlife Area, Rondeau Provincial Park, Blenheim Sewage
> Lagoons, and nearby areas were undertaken on Saturday and Sunday, in
> great weather for birding.
>
> An all-time high tally for OFO conventions of 168 species was
> achieved over
> the weekend. Highlights particularly appreciated by participants
> included:
> Snow Goose, Cackling Goose, Red-throated Loon, Golden Eagle,
> Peregrine
> Falcon, Long-billed Dowitcher, Little Gull, Sabine's Gull, Tufted
> Titmouse,
> Northern Wheatear, Cerulean Warbler, Grasshopper Sparrow, Le Conte's
> Sparrow, and Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow.
>
> As always, we wish to thank all the trip leaders and birders for
> their
> enthusiastic participation on the field trips.
>
> Already, we are looking forward to next year's great convention at
> Hamilton,
> tentatively set for 4 and 5 October 2008. Hope to see you there!
>
> Good birding.
>
> Ron Tozer
> OFO Convention Bird List Compiler

> For instructions to join or leave ONTBIRDS visit
> http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdshow.htm
> ONTBIRDS Guidelines may be viewed at
> http://www.ofo.ca/ontbirdsguide.htm

"The Early Worm Gets The Bird!"