This is an official posting from the High Park Hawk Watch.

  Station: High Park, Toronto, Ontario
  View Period: October 15 to October 21, 2007
  Station coordinator: Don Barnett
  Counters: D. Barnett, R. Carswell, C. Harte, M. Kelch, M. Lichtenberg, N.
McHugh, D. Peuramaki, D., H. Shapiro and D. Woods
  GTRW Webmaster: Andy Hampton

  This was a very slow week at the High Park Raptor Watch. We observed only 66
total raptors for the week including 26 Sharp-shinned Hawks and 25 Turkey
Vultures. The year to date total is now 9113.

  High Park Site Description

  High Park is a 400 acre wooded park dominated by a Black Oak Savannah located
just west of Downtown Toronto near Keele and Bloor. The park is operated by the
City of Toronto Parks Department.

  The Count site (Hawk Hill) is located on a small hill
  at the north end of the Grenadier Restaurant parking lot. It is located about
1.5km (1 mile) north of Lake Ontario, at an elevation of 110 metres above sea
level and 38 metres above Lake Ontario. The site location is N 43 degrees 37
minutes 03.8 seconds, W 79 degrees 28 minutes 56.5 seconds. This station is at
the highest point and near the centre of the park; a steep slope that descends
to a large pond is immediately west of the station. Full time counts have been
recorded here since 1993.

  The following are partners in our raptor migration monitoring in the Greater
Toronto Region: City of Toronto Parks and Culture Department, Toronto
Ornithological Club, and Local Naturalist's Clubs.

  More information including a summary of our past observations is available at:

  http://www.torontobirding.ca/~gtrw/

  Observations for this season are not yet available.
  --

  Howard Shapiro
  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]