I saw a single Cattle Egret with the cows at NE corner of Hwy#5 and Woodhill
Rd.  The family(?) of White-fronted Geese (1 ad. + 2 juv.) were in with loads
of Canadas at the pond (not visible from roadside) east of Orkney south side of
#5.
      Dave Don and Cheryl Edgecombe pointed Tom Thomas and I to the huge
waxwing flock halfway up the hill from Hendrie valley - unfortunately the
world's longest freight train came by before we could  pick out a Bohemian from
the masses of Cedars but they soon returned and we persevered to find two. The
miserably cold and wet was soon forgotten as I ticked 3 birds for the year(I
almost forgot that I was looking for a Ross's Goose).
      Directions for these sites have been posted on Ontbirds several times
recently and these geeses seem to be on the move a lot - I looked again on my
way home and most were in the corn field at Orkney/Hwy#5 but still no 'white
ones'.

                                                      Cheers!   Maris
        Maris Apse   10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22,  RR #2 Grand Bend ON  N0M 1T0
 (519)  238 - 8415