Hey Birders,

My Dad, Brother Mike and I headed down to Long Point this morning and early
afternoon. We came up with some good birds in the Long Point area.
Highlights are listed.

Black-legged Kittiwake - while watching the lake at Turkey Point, in a flock
of 12 Bonaparte's heading west, 1 first-winter bird flew by quite close
(100m.) at 10:15 am

Little Gull - Normandale, at the boat launch/pier - 1 bird flying by heading
west, this birds underwing wasn't as dark as some Little Gulls I've seen,
would this be a 2nd winter?

Bohemian Waxwing - at the corner of Kitchen Road and Lakeshore, a flock ~35
birds, eventually flew west

Pine Grosbeak - at Old Cut, 1 bird heard numerous times

Hawks were really moving while we were at Old Cut, in about 15 minutes; we
counted 30 Red-tail's, 2 Cooper's and 1 Red-shouldered Hawk, also several
Common Loons. At Big Creek, 10 Sandhill Crane's, amongst ~200 Tundra Swans
were seen. Eastern Bluebirds were fairly evident being seen at 3+ stops.

Pretty good day, hit 280 for the year and 3 new long point birds.

Good Birding,

Ken Burrell

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Heidelberg, Ont

Directions:

Old Cut - head down hwy 59 to the very end, turn left on Old Cut Blvd., the
bird observatory is about the 10th house on the right with signs on the
front lawn

Turkey Point - heading south on hwy 24 from Simcoe, turn left on Turkey
Point road, take this all the way to the lake and scan for gulls and ducks
etc.

Normandale - from Turkey Point head east on Lakeshore or Front road, to the
town of Normandale, at the stop sign in the village, turn right and drive to
the pier

Kitchen and Lakeshore - from Normandale, continue heading east on Lakeshore
to the intersection of Kitchen, alternatively, heading south on hwy 24 form
Simcoe turn left on Kitchen and continue to the intersection of Lakeshore.