Hi

Sorry to steal Jim Pawlicki's thunder but he located a Black-headed Gull along
the Niagara River Parkway at Fort Erie as he was leading a trip for the Buffalo
Ornithological Society. He first located it opposite Wintermude Street. We just
missed but we saw a YELLOW WARBLER at that spot.

We continued with Jim and the BOS group along the Parkway to Central where he
relocated the BLACK-HEADED GULL. This is a pale bird, no black on the cap and a
bright orange bill.

We also had a Black Scoter at the mouth of the Niagara River at Lake Erie and a
Red-necked Grebe and 3 Horned Grebes opposite Gilmore Road.

Marcie Jacklin

Fort Erie is located at the mouth of the Niagara River at Lake Erie and
easily accessed from the Niagara Parkway from the north and QEW from the  west.