Hello Birders,

Today I took a drive out to Brantford Airport to try for Gray Partridge and was
rewarded with a small covey of 4 (I think I see them on 1 in 10 tries out
there!!).  The birds were right in front of the airport terminal along Aviation
Road, under a deciduous tree, right beside a large white fuel tank with the
word "Diesel" painted on it.  They were only about 10m from the road and I got
some decent photos.

On the way home I stopped in at LaSalle Marina on the north shore of Hamilton
Harbour.  Here I had 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet with 2 Golden-crowneds.  Also here
are an amazing number of Trumpeter & Mute Swans (maybe 80+ Trumpeters and 30+
Mutes?), 1 Ring-necked Duck & 12 Canvasback (they were to the west of the
marina), 20+ Am. Black Duck, a few White-winged Scoters, 4 Am. Coots and other
common winter waterfowl.

Happy winter Birding,
Frank Pinilla
Richmond Hill, ON

DIRECTIONS:
Brantford Airport - from Hwy 403 just west of Brantford, exit at Rest Acres Rd
(Hwy 24), head south to Colborne Rd (Hwy 2) and turn left/east.  Watch the
fields all around here as the partridge range about.  The airport terminal is
north of Colborne Rd, turn at York Rd and look all around this area, follow to
the terminal where I had the birds today.

LaSalle Marina - heading EAST along Hwy 403 in Burlington, exit south along
Waterdown Rd, follow past Plains Rd East all the way to the lake.  If you are
heading Westbound from the Toronto area you must exit at the QEW (towards
Niagara) and get off at Plains Rd (I believe) and head west along the north
shore of Hamilton Harbour until you reach Lasalle Park Rd/ Waterdown Rd.  The
Ruby-crowned Kinglet was found along the Waterfront Trail just east of the
marina.  You will find a boardwalk, the small mixed flock was on the hillside
on the north side of the trail a little beyond this boardwalk.  The
Golden-crowneds calling and feeding up high, the Ruby-crowned was low in the
brush.