Today's walk occurred during some thick fog in the late morning hours,
which limited the distance at which we could see.  We started at the Rouge Hill
GO Train station and worked our way west to Highland Creek (2 km).  We
encountered a small flock of American Tree Sparrows with the company of a few
Dark-eyed Juncos.  There were hundreds of Greater Scaup that littered the
shoreline throughout our walk.  Other diving ducks included Common Goldeneye,
Bufflehead, Long-tailed Duck, Common and Red-breasted Mergansers.  There was
also several Gadwall and American Wigeon amongst numerous Mallards.  There was
a female American Kestral perching along the train tracks during our walk.

Directions:  take the 401 to the Port Union Rd. onramp.  Head south on Port
Union Rd. to Lawrence Ave.  Head east on Lawrence to the Rouge Hill GO Train
station, where parking is available.
Bird On!

Josh Mansell