Sorry about the last post. No title.

Forwarded for Ross Lamb.

Hi John and thanks again.

I'm not sure if the term "race" is used anymore or if "subspecies" is the
more proper/accurate word. Feel free to change it if you think it is out of
date.

Here's what I wrote. Any corrections will be appreciated!

Greater White-fronted Goose: Port of Newcastle.

Greetings Ontbirders

This morning, around 10:30 a.m., I saw a Greater White-fronted Goose at the
Port of Newcastle Harbour. It was foraging with a group of Canada geese on
the west bank of the river directly across from the parking lot at the end
of Mill Street. It had a very prominent orange bill -- about as bright
orange as its legs -- and appears to have been representative of the
Greenland race. I will send a photo of the bird to OFO's web page pending
the purchase of a new computer. ;-)

Directions: At Newcastle, take exit 440 off the 401, then head south on Mill
Street. Follow the street to the Lake Ontario shoreline and stop at the
small parking lot/dock at Lakeshore Rd.

Happy birding!

Ross Lamb

rosslamb AT hotmail.com