There have not been many new sightings in this area in the last week or so, but
today I had a prolonged look at a Northern Shrike doing its hovering hunting
technique which I have rarely seen and I flushed two Northern Flickers from a
shrubby area adjacent to the drainage canal on the 10th Line of Bradford-West
Gwillimbury which responded energetically to my imitation of their "keow" call
note. This road is north of Bradford on County Rd. 11 (Hwy. 11), east on the
10th Line just past the Quonset hangar on the right hand side of the road about
1km past the railroad tracks.
Peter Wukasch