Hello All,

Today, thanks from my dad's tip, Jean and I observed a Bald Eagle in Thorold at 2:15 PM. We found it in the same area we observed one (same bird?) last year. It was seen soaring over Lake Gibson in the area between Beaverdams Rd., Decew Rd. & the 406. We observed only for a few minutes as it is very cold today. After soaring over the water for a few minutes, it flew in to the trees on the south-west side of the lake. We lost view of it at that point. It was easily and safely observed from the old railway line running parallel with Beaverdams Road.

Bob Highcock & Jean Hampson
St. Catharines, ON

Directions: From St. Catharines, travel south on Hwy. 406. Exit Beaverdams Rd. and turn left, heading east on Beaverdams Rd. Lake Gibson will be on both sides of the road approximately 1 km from the 406. There are some small parking areas off the road here. A red barn will be on the left side and the Hydro Road is on the right.